Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Weekend Recap and More

This weekend, my mom came to visit since Rob was out of town.  While we were doing this:



He was doing this:







I'm glad I made the decision to stay home with Adeline and not travel to Atlanta, but I'm sad I missed the wedding and the chance to meet some of Rob's relatives I've never met.  As expected, Beth looked gorgeous and everyone had a great time!


My mom stayed until today, and we had fun just spoiling Adeline and doing some shopping. Adeline had some big milestones this week!  On Monday, she sat in her bumbo seat for the first time and was able to hold up her head!



On Tuesday night, she stayed home with my mom while Rob and I had a quick "date" out for dessert and a glass of wine.  Also on Tuesday night, she slept through the night for the first time!!!!! I fed her at 9:30pm, and she didnt fall asleep until 11:30pm, but she woke up again at 6am! Woohoo!!  That was the longest stretch of sleep I've had in a very long time and it felt great!



Today I took her to the doctor for the rest of her shots (awful), and they weighed her.  She weighs 9 lbs, 2 oz. Then we went over to my co-worker, Anna's, to meet her little 2 week old baby boy, Palmer.  Anna did so much for us after Adeline was born and it was nice to be able to help her for a change!  We had lunch together and chatted about being first-time moms - it was a great afternoon! Poor Palmer was not happy for the picture, and Adeline is just staring at him wondering what all the noise is about!


I'd like to think she is lovingly soothing him in this picture, and not trying to cover his mouth :)


1 comment:

  1. We definitely missed you and Adeline at the wedding. Rob was a great dance partner though! I hope to get to meet sweet Adeline soon, she's growing so fast! have fun at the beach!
    Love, Beth

    ReplyDelete