Monday, April 30, 2012

Life Lately

We planned to have a few low-key weekends at home this month because May will be very busy, but things did not go as planned.  On April 10th, my uncle Michael passed away very suddenly and unexpectedly.  He was young and healthy and we were all shocked.  He was a very charismatic, outgoing, fun person to be around, and was loved by hundreds of people, many of whom attended his memorial service.  Luckily, he was excellent at giving advice;  his 4 children have many words of wisdom to keep and treasure, and they will last far beyond uncle Michael's too-short life.  I have been astounded by the strength and grace of my aunt Joy and cousins, as well as my entire family.  We all miss him greatly, and life will certainly be different without him.

In addition to traveling for work, Rob's birthday (today!), and Adeline's upcoming big birthday, we are moving to a new home in 3 weeks.  We are very excited to be moving to a larger home in our favorite neighborhood, but we have a lot to do to prepare!  Bear with me, and I promise to post pictures of the new house as soon as I have some decent ones to share. 

Thanks for all of your support, kind words, and prayers for my family.  It means more than I can say.

No comments:

Post a Comment