In early February, we took a trip to Chicago. I was attending a conference and presenting research, and Rob and Adeline were along for the ride.
We were a little nervous about our first airplane trip, but everything worked out really well. We packed very lightly, and only brought 1 suitcase for the 3 of us, plus a stroller and carry-on bag.
Adeline did this on the plane:
She slept the whole time, and didnt wake up until we were landing!
We stayed in a nice hotel and had fun playing on the big bed
This was a little surprise to me...
...no bath tub! So we had to get a little creative with baths in the sink.
This was the view from our hotel room. We could see Lake Michigan and Soldier field.
On Thursday, while I was away in class all day, Rob took Adeline to the aquarium. I was impressed that he was able to load Adeline and all of her stuff into a cab to the aquarium!
Here she is with the Sears tower.
I think she was more interested in the people than the animals.
On Friday, I helped present our research poster. I'm so lucky to work at a great place with so many opportunities!
It snowed on Friday, which was really no big deal in Chicago, but we were excited.
After classes on Saturday, we went to the Hancock building and rode the elevator up to the 96th floor. It was so much fun, and we had a great view of the city!
On Saturday night, we met up with some friends from Elon who live in Chicago. We havent seen them in years, so it was great to catch up and introduce them to Adeline.
It was a very busy, but fun week! Our next adventure is next month, when we are going to Florida!
No comments:
Post a Comment