Saturday, January 7, 2012

Happy New Year!

We headed to Raleigh for New Year's weekend to celebrate Christmas with Rob's family.  We didn't have any specific plans for New Year's Eve, but Rob ended up spending the day golfing while the "girls" went shopping.  In the evening, we went to a party in Rob's parents' neighborhood.  Although we had to come home early to put Adeline to bed, it was fun to show Adeline off to the neighbors and spend the rest of the evening at home.

We didnt take many pictures, but here are a few from the weekend




I'd say the theme of 2011 was Change. Looking back on the past year, it's hard to believe how much our lives have changed.  We began the year with anticipation and excitement that we were expecting a baby.  In February, we found out we were having a girl and spent the next few months preparing for her arrival.  I was showered with gifts from my sweet friends and co-workers.  In May, we were surprised with Adeline's early arrival - it was both the best and worst day of our lives.  Although I recovered quickly, it was a very critical time and I was so seriously ill, that it has forever changed us.  We were so blessed with a healthy baby and my full recovery, and I think our outlook on life has changed.  We've learned not to take things for granted, to be more patient, to trust in God, and to be more compassionate.  We also realized how wonderfully we are surrounded by amazing friends and family.  The summer flew by with Adeline coming home from the hospital, 12 weeks of maternity leave, and returning to work full-time in August - another phase of adjustment and change. 2011 ended with lots of cherished memories of many "firsts" with our precious Adeline. We couldn't be more happy with how everything has turned out.  I can't wait to see what 2012 has in store for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment