Friday, July 8, 2011

"Ain't No Big Thing, But It's Growing"


We used to pass this sign for Gretna, VA on the way to Smith Mountain Lake.

I always thought it was a hilarious town motto, but its a great way to describe Adeline!  After so much time in the NICU focusing on feeding and growing, it is hard to believe I am a little sad that she has outgrown her preemie clothes and diapers.  Its a bittersweet feeling; I am glad she is healthy and growing, but at the same time I feel like time is rushing by and soon before I know it, she'll be a teenager!  I'm sure I will experience this constantly as a parent.

Yesterday, we celebrated her due date!  She was originally due on July 7th.  I can't believe it's been almost 8 weeks since she was born, and I never posted our "coming home" video. Its a short clip, but I will never forget the wonderful feeling of bringing our daughter home for the first time.  (I hope this works, I've never posted a video before!)


We also took this video on one of her first nights home.  She was sleeping and making the sweetest sighing noise, but you can't really hear it in the video.


I'll try to take some more videos of her so you can see how much she's grown.


No comments:

Post a Comment