Saturday, May 14, 2011

What a Weekend...

On Thursday at my monthly doctor appointment, they did a routine ultrasound and noticed that the amniotic fluids around Adeline were too low.  They said that they are not at a dangerous level yet, but that I would need to be admitted to the hospital for IV fluids and bedrest.  This was definitely unexpected, but I felt confident that I would be in good hands and felt relieved they had caught the issue before it became a major problem.  I spent the night in the hospital with IVs and lots of fluids, plus some steriod shots just in case Adeline ends up coming early. 
On Friday (the 13th... of course), they did a repeat ultrasound to check the fluid levels, and everything looked the same.  Not worse, but not an improvement either.  I was so disappointed to hear that I would have to remain in the hospital until Monday, but again I am glad to be in good hands.  The nurses and doctors here are awesome.  They are monitoring Adeline's heartrate 3 times per day for 30 minutes each, and they look for variable changes in her heartrate to make sure she is reacting well to certain stimuli, such as when I move or drink cold fluids.  So far, she has passed all the tests and has shown the nurses just how active she is.  She never stops moving!
On Monday, we'll have another ultrasound to check the fluid levels again.  Hopefully, things will be significantly better and I will be able to go home on bed rest.  If they are not better, I will probably have to stay in the hospital.  Either way, Adeline will continue to be monitored frequently and we will do our best to keep things stable for a few more weeks.  We dont want her coming into the world too early!

We've been joking that we should have known Adeline would be stubborn and want to do things her own way - she is named after 2 very strong women in our family, after all.  We are confident everything will work out well, and that God and Adeline have a plan - we just dont quite know what that plan is.  I will continue to update everyone - thank you for your support and keep us in your prayers!

1 comment:

  1. Boy did she ever have a plan!!! So thankful that everything has worked out!!

    ReplyDelete