Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Richmond Baby Shower

What a wonderful weekend!  My mom, Rob's mom, and Rob's sister came into town on friday.  We did some consignment shopping and had a nice quiet dinner at home on friday night. It was Chelsea's first night away from her 9 week old baby and I know it was not easy for her to get away, but I so appreciate the fact that she was here this weekend! She has been my lifeline throughout pregnancy and I'm sure she will prove to be even more invaluable as I learn to take care of a newborn!

Tyler, Kristen, and Mrs. Esbach threw a beautiful baby shower on Saturday at Tyler's house. They went all out on the decor, food, and even organized some party games.  Everything was pink and green, just like Adeline's room, including adorable little cupcakes!  They also had baby pictures of Rob and I around the house, which was such a sweet touch.

I am so grateful for my friends.  Allison flew from Charlotte to DC and drove into Richmond with Logan for the occasion, and a total of 20 girls attended the shower.  I think the highlight of the party was the games.  Kristen came up with a challenging game of baby trivia, which resulted in a lot of debate about the correct answer.  We also played the "how big is Melissa's belly" game, which was pretty entertaining.  My mom and Rob's mom were both very close, but my mom was the winner!

They totally spoiled me (and Adeline) with gifts - see pictures below! Now that I have more supplies for the baby, I am feeling much more prepared.  Her nursery is almost complete (pictures soon!).







 The Baby Jogger Stroller!! So awesome.
 The hostesses

2 comments:

  1. LOVE THE BLOG!!! Baby Adeline isn't even born yet and she already has her own company & website!! This baby is successful even still in the womb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks to Tyler,Debbie and Kristin for
    giving Melissa such a wonderful shower!
    It was so good to meet many of her Richmond friends- you are all so sweet. A special thanks to Molly, Chelsea, Allison and Logan who traveled far to attend. It was great to see you again. Melissa is a lucky girl to have such supportive friends!

    ReplyDelete