Here is what our guest room looked like before we gave it a makeover for Adeline:
AFTER:
Rob did an amazing job painting the room and putting in crown molding and chair rail - especially since I was not able to help very much. I tried to stay away from paint fumes and heavy lifting, so he was on his own for the majority of the project.It's a tiny room, but we were able to fit in a daybed, changing table, rocking chair, bookshelf and crib. We were very fortunate to inherit the changing table and rocking chair from my parent's basement, and we bought the crib and daybed from craigslist. Rob's parents gave us the bookshelf years ago, and we repurposed it from the old guest room.
Rob also made the cornices, and I covered them with fabric. I was able to cover the old blue rocking chair cushions with a brighter green fabric and I made the crib skirt as well. We used some random pink paint we had lying around to paint the mirror and letters on the wall. We really love how it came together! I'd still like to find a soft rug for the middle of the room, but otherwise it is finished.


No comments:
Post a Comment