Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Adeline's Birthday


I don't even know where to start this post...
In some ways, I can't believe Adeline is 1 year old already.  But in other ways, I feel like I've known her forever.  Although her actual birth day was the scariest day of our lives, it was also the best day of our lives.  The events around her birth brought us closer as a family and definitely gave us a different perspective on life.  And now we get to be parents to Adeline  - who is sweet, funny, energetic, determined, and so much fun! We are incredibly blessed to have such a healthy little girl after being delivered 8 weeks early at just 3lbs, 10oz.  From day one, she has exceeded our expectations.  Every day, she changes and grows and develops, and I'm so looking forward to seeing the little person she becomes.

This month, she perfected crawling (her own special version), and became quite adept at standing and cruising on furniture.  She points to things, hands objects to people (but only if you say, "thank you"), and stacks objects.  She eats table food and drinks whole milk, and tried new foods like ravioli, pizza, quesadillas, ice cream, eggs, strawberries, and cupcakes this month.  She likes most foods, but occasionally likes something one day and then hates it the next.  (typical girl I guess!)

She mimics words and often repeats things.  Spontaneously, she says "Daddy, Mama, Dog, Addy, Na-na (which is "no"), and dat (which is "that"... when she points to something)"

Because we moved to a new home the same week as her birthday, we didnt have a formal party.  We had a special 1-year photo shoot, gave her a cupcake, and opened gifts.  It was a low-key first birthday, but maybe we will have a party next year.

Here are some pictures of her devouring her cupcake:
















Whew! She needed a bath after that!

And here are some pictures of her opening gifts on her birthday:

An adorable adirondack chair from Tyler and Byron

A bathing suit from Neal and Rushman

A toy from Ya-ya and Poppa


And here are some pictures of Adeline enjoying her other birthday gifts:

a doll from Great-grandma and Great-grandpa Terry


The toy from Ya-ya and Poppa



An activity table from my Aunt Lisa, Uncle Dave, and their families


A table and chairs set from Great-Grammie and Great-Grandad Banta
and a toy from Laura and Dan


I still need to take some pictures of Adeline in her new club chair from Grandma and Grandpa and her new pool float from my Aunt Lisa and Uncle Dave and their families!  She was certainly spoiled for her first birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment