That evening, everyone stayed at our house for dinner. It was nice to have everyone together and to catch up!
Adeline with her Grandmothers
Our family and friends were incredibly generous, yet again, with giving Adeline gifts to commemorate her special day. She has so many beautiful keepsakes.
On Sunday morning, we were up early to get Adeline dressed in the gown I was baptized in.
My grandmother started to embroider my name in the slip of the gown, but only got halfway through.
She said sometimes life moves too fast and before you know it, the baby is all grown up.
Hopefully I will be able to embroider Adeline's name before she has children!
Adeline wore the cap from Rob's side of the family. It was so nice to be able to incorporate heirlooms from both families!
Adeline's Godparents, Rushman and Neal, traveled to Richmond for the service.
We were so happy they could be there!
It was a really nice service. Adeline was the only baby baptized, and we were surprised by the amount of water the pastor poured over her head! She was such a good sport and smiled the whole time.
As the pastor introduced Adeline into our church family, I thought back to how far we've come in the past 5 and 1/2 months. It's hard to believe she has grown from a tiny 3 and 1/2 lb infant into such a bright and healthy baby girl.
God is good.
Afterwards, we all went to brunch.
Rob's parents had a beautiful heirloom blanket made for us.
It has Adeline's name embroidered on one corner, with room on the other corners for future children's names.
You can see Adeline's name on the bottom of the picture below.
Adeline with her Godparents
So many of our Richmond friends were able to join us. Each one of these people were incredibly generous and kind when Adeline and I were in the hospital, and I will never be able to thank them enough. I don't know what we would do without them! They continue to provide so much love and support to our family.
What a great weekend! We are so blessed!

No comments:
Post a Comment